Electv specialises in designing and delivering researcher development workshops and online courses. We offer a range of workshops for research students and staff in universities, CDTs, institutes and companies around the UK and Europe throughout the year. Our workshops are either half a day or a full day in duration and all workshops are categorised into sub-domains according to the Vitae Researcher Development Framework.
We offer a range of workshops in the following areas:
- Writing and publishing
- Essential skills for researchers
- Career planning
All workshops are designed for groups of 20-25 and our content is regularly updated to ensure that we keep up with advances in policy, publishing, digital tools and researcher development.
In our workshop brochure, we describe each workshop in detail, link it to the relevant Vitae RDP sub-domains, list the learning outcomes and include testimonials from participants based at institutes around the UK & Europe.
Our workshops include:
An introduction to the scholarly publishing process
- Includes an overview of the publishing process, author responsibilities, selecting journals, peer review and more
- Essential information for all researchers regarding publishing
- Consists of presentations by the instructor, group discussion, individual exercises and use of multimedia
- After the workshop, participants may register for a follow on course online
“This was a thorough overview of the publishing process with useful insights from firsthand experience of the process.” – PhD student, Centre for Doctoral Training
Attracting your own research funding: writing & the application process
- Delivered by instructor who successfully obtained a research funding
- Insights into the process, timelines, defining your proposal, resources
- Session includes the unique Electv® strategic planning tool
“Competent, encouraging and inspiring! Thank you for sharing your own experience of getting a fellowship too, very useful!” – Researcher, Wellcome Trust
Careers beyond research: applying your skills outside academia
- Highlights a range different career options, uses case studies and provides resources for participants to explore in their own time
- Opportunity to complete the unique Electv Elements™ skills evaluation and apply it to their CV
“Enthusiastic, engaging & encouraging workshop. I especially liked the dynamic style of the presenter.” – PhD student